Our Mission & Purpose
The Showtime Project, formerly Dancing with our Local Schools, is a nonprofit in-school performing arts education program centered in Ventura County. Our mission is to provide all children, regardless of ability or socioeconomic status, a HEALTHY outlet for SELF-EXPRESSION and CREATIVITY through Performing Arts, which increases positive social interaction and self-confidence.
We specialize in teaching Ballroom, Latin, Swing, Hip Hop, Bollywood and Musical Theatre to elementary school children and plan to additional programs. We offer eight, twelve and twenty-four week sessions, which gives teachers the opportunity to choose whether multiple classrooms or one grade level experience the program within the school year. We partner with each school to fulfill their unique needs.
OUR CORE VALUES
1) Provide turnkey performing arts education for schools, inserted into classroom curriculum during school hours.
2) Inclusive 8, 12 and 24-week Program with “Whole Child” approach for students of all physical and mental abilities, cultures, and socio-economic statuses, thus promoting healthy children.
3) Teach students about different cultures and historical periods through learning dances like Salsa, Tango, Ballroom, Swing, Hip Hop, Bollywood.
4) Expose students to the experience of performing in a theatre setting, thus encouraging teamwork, confidence, courage.
5) Promote a safe classroom environment of peer encouragement, respectful boundaries, and positive social interactions with the opposite gender.
6) Partner with organizations and individuals in our community to support arts education.
In the 2020/2021-school year, we will have have served at least 1,100 students from diverse backgrounds. Our instructors are qualified to teach Dual Immersion as well as integrated classes with students of different abilities. We believe all children should experience performing arts.